Privacy Notice of Diversified Personnel (Pty) Ltd
We at Diversified Personnel (Pty) Ltd (Unit 7 Stanford Office Park, 12 Bauhinia St, Highveld Techno Park, Centurion, 0169) make it a priority to protect your personal information. This privacy notice explains how Diversified Personnel (Pty) Ltd processes and protects personal information of clients and candidates.
The notice further provides our clients and candidates with an avenue of redress where Diversified Personnel (Pty) Ltd or any of its employees has infringed any of your rights, in terms of applicable legislation.
Diversified Personnel (Pty) Ltd may need to change or update this notice from time to time and reserves its right to do so at its discretion or in terms of any law. Any updated versions will be placed on our website and will be effective from the date of posting. Where practical, we will notify you of changes.
What data we collect:
When you register with us as a candidate, we process your personal information, including but not limited to a candidate’s:
• Name and surname;
• Contact details;
• Information supplied by their CV;
• Email address;
• Identity documents;
• Postal and/or Billing address;
• Qualifications and Job experience;
• Registration numbers;
• Professional affiliation memberships;
• Date of birth;
• Income Information;
• Interests of the candidate;
• Information pertaining to a disability; and
• If you use our website, click on links in emails we send to you, open or forward them, or sign up to receive job alerts or other content from us,
we also collect personal data from those interactions.
We also obtain personal information about you from third parties, including
• Referees - when you are offered a job;
• Former employers - to confirm dates of employment;
• Educational institutions - to check your academic qualifications;
• Professional affiliation memberships- to confirm your membership
• Credit reference agencies - if we need to check your financial standing;
• Criminal/fraud checks/- should this be a requirement pertaining to the position;
• Publicly available sources such as LinkedIn, Pnet, Facebook, Instagram and social media sites to enhance the information we hold about you,
in order to help us find more suitable roles for you; and
• Clients to whom we have provided your CV and who have engaged with you as part of a job application or who have given feedback on your CV.
When you register with us as a client, we process your personal information, including but not limited to a client’s:
• Name and surname;
• Company Name;
• Email address;
• Physical and Postal address;
• Mobile and Landline contact details;
• Details pertaining to a job specification;
• Feedback that you provide about our candidates;
• Billing address;
• VAT number; and
• Company registration number
All the personal information which we collect and process is compulsory in order for us to render services to you. Failure to provide the above mentioned personal information will result in us being unable to place a candidate or provide a candidate to a client.
The purpose of the processing
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• Provide you with work finding services;
• To communicate with you;
• Enable you to upload your CV and apply for jobs;
• Creating a candidate profile;
• To maintain current and/or potential database; and
• Direct marketing and promotional activities relevant to you, for the purposes of informing you about job opportunities.
• To provide recruitment services requested by you;
• To respond to queries and providing customer support;
• To conduct hiring processes;
• To capture client details and provide feedback on job applications and processes;
• To maintain our business relationship with you;
• To fulfil our contractual obligations with you; and
• For direct marketing purposes
You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us, using the unsubscribe methods contained in the communications we send to you or by contacting us.
Legal Grounds for processing your Personal Data
(a) Consent - to the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us, if you would like to withdraw your consent.
(b) Performance of a contract - where, in order to perform our obligations under a contract with you or to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it is necessary for us to process your personal information;
(c) Compliance with a legal obligation - where we need to process your personal information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
(d) Our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
Rights of clients and candidates:
• Existence of the right of access to and the right to rectify the information collected from you;
• The identity or categories of third parties who have had, or currently have, access to your personal information; and
• Request that we update incorrect information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant access to your personal information. For example, if access would interfere with the privacy of others or would result in a breach of confidentiality, we may need to refuse access. If we refuse access, we will provide written reasons for the refusal.
If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, incomplete or misleading, you may request us to correct it. If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is excessive or have been unlawfully obtained or that we are no longer authorised to retain it, you may ask us to destroy or delete it. If we do not agree that there are grounds for action, you may ask us to add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
We may charge a reasonable fee to cover its administrative and other costs in providing information to you. We will not levy a charge for simply making a request or for making any corrections to personal information.
You have the right to request the deletion of personal information held, which may be implemented subject to applicable law.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, for historical, statistical, research purposes or you provide your consent for us to retain personal information, for a longer period.
Diversified Personnel (Pty) Ltd may share your information as follows:
• With our employees, service providers, advisers, clients, suppliers and business contacts who would need the information to process it for us, to provide services
to/for us and other services/ third parties relating to the operation of our business. Any third party, who is authorized by Diversified Personnel (Pty) Ltd to process
information on our behalf, will be governed by written agreements and will include confidentiality and non-disclosure conditions;
• To third parties to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
• To any support services who provide services to/for us which may include but is not limited to; website hosting, administration,
technical support or support services relating to Diversified Personnel (Pty) Ltd, the website and/or the operation of our business.
How to complain:
We will treat your complaints confidentially (unless otherwise required by law), investigate those complaints, and aim to ensure that they are resolved within a reasonable time.
You can also complain to the Information Officer, Nick Bergmann.
Details of the Information Regulator:
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Information Regulator website: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/